Sunday, March 20, 2011

Cocktail hour.

When did Tom Cruise go crazy?  Remember when he made good movies and we actually wanted to see them?  Now his crazy overshadows his acting.  Damn shame if you ask me.

So we have started a little trend in my house from 7 PM - 8 PM every night that I am lovingly now referring to as Cocktail Hour.  I don't really know exactly what prompted Cocktail Hour, but probably a real shit day at work that drove me to drinking.  I thought it would be a one night deal, but I find myself wanting to channel my inner bartender every night and mix Mr. Mc and I up a few drinks.  I usually start with a shot, because hey, why not?  Haha, why not.  I always get a kick out of that.  Those of you who know me know exactly why.  I'll dive into that one later...

Anyway, I have come to enjoy and look forward to our cocktail hour.  What started with a few kinds of booze we thought we would mix together in the hopes of discovering a new tasty concoction has become a weekly trip to the ABC to pick up some new ingredient I need to mix up the next fun drink I found online.  Tonight I made a version of a Pina Colada.  I have to say, it's pretty good.  

What's my point here, I don't necessarily know if I have one.  I just seem to be enjoying an evening drink lately and thought I would share.  I hope this maybe inspires you to mix up a fun drink and enjoy.  I know I am right now.

No comments: