Sunday, March 13, 2011

How I spent my Sunday...


Image via www.rvforsaleguide.com
And no, I don't know this guy but he is pretty accurately expressing my exact sentiments...

For some reason I decided that I was going to get up and check out the blogs I haven't looked at in months.  I spent my morning looking at all the design pics, the fun hipster things everyone is doing, the farmer's market trip they just got back from or that awesome piece of furniture they just finished reworking.  Not to mention, the super great cake they made for their kids birthday or the perfectly themed out room they posted a fabulously edited photo of taken by their ridiculously expensive camera.  For some reason, I thought this would be a good thing to do.

What I always seem to forget is how I feel after looking at them.  Annoyed, deflated, incompetent, jealous bordering on angry...I wonder how these people find the mother-fing time to do all this shit?  Part of me looks at these posts thinking, "I could do that" or "Why don't I make a custom, crafty Halloween sign?" but then reality hits me as I leave job #2 I have been at for the past 10 hours and all thoughts of crafting grandeur get thrown out the window.  Seriously.  All I want to do on my 1 day off this week is lay around and go get a pedicure.  My house is disheveled, there is laundry to be done, about 5 bottles of booze sitting on the counter not put away from last night (yes, drinking does help) and a full sink of dishes to be done.  Oh yeah, and the cat peed on the bathroom rug too.  

I guess what I'm trying to say is that in my attempt to find some blogging inspiration, I guess I did.  Just not quite in the way I thought I would.  I have a feeling this new blog is going to be a lot of venting, cursing, and botched to-do lists.  A lot of drinking, messiness, OCD tendencies and basically saying whatever the eff is on my mind.  

So happy Sunday everyone!  I'm going to eat my delivered pizza because we have no food in the fridge and then go pay someone else to polish my toes...life is good.

1 comment:

Kim Touchton said...

Love this. I totally feel ya girl... Hamburger Helper BFF as of late.