Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Stick insects.

I love Bridget Jones.  I love her disdain for the "stick insects".

We have all seen them.  These perfectly tall, perfectly thin girls.  You wonder how they won the genetics lottery.  Somehow, they are all rich too.  Bitches.

Anyway, I bring this subject up because I've been reading a few fashion blogs lately.  Yes, I know that's where I first went wrong, but I have good reason!  One of my goals for 2011 was to dress a bit more put together.  I wanted to invest in nice pieces, but find a way to stay current and keep my personal style, just updated.  

In my quest for inspiration, I found this great little blog, Cheetah is the New Black, and have been reading it.  Even though she seems to have it all (read post below) for some reason I find her cute and charming.  I feel like her style is close to mine and I can relate to her.  She lives in San Francisco, I like San Francisco!  She's a good match.  I even don't mind that she takes a photo of herself every day.  It's informative.  She posts what she's wearing so I can check it out, very nice thing to do.  I like it.  I like her.  But today I made a fatal mistake.  

I am hanging out in the office so I can "spend time" with Mr. Mc while he plays his video games.  Get your minds out of the gutter people.  It is this or sitting in the bedroom while he is in here.  I figure if we're in the same room at least it's like we are spending time together...

Ugh, tangent.  Where was I...Oh yeah, fatal mistake.  I decided since her blog is so nifty there might be others out there too!  I clicked the links on the side of her page.  I don't know if I'll ever be the same again.  It's blog after blog of some perfect looking girl who is no older than 25, I swear, with a PERFECT EFFING LIFE!!!  It's my worst nightmare come true!  All these girls look like freaking models.  They are also the most narcissistic group of people I have ever seen.  For real.  I mean, how many Chanel purses can one 19-year-old have...I hate them.  

Ok, so maybe there is a bit of the green monster in there but come on people!  I don't need to see 10 pictures of your outfit for the day.  I don't.  I wish I could unsee it.  It ruined my day.

Now I feel like Bridget Jones.  Annoyed by the perfect stick insects.  

On the upside, because I am the pollyanna of the group, I feel the need for the normal girl side of fashion.  I don't know, maybe I'll start forcing one of my friends to take a photo of me everyday and post it here.  But then again, maybe not.  I don't think you all need to see that.

No comments: